Current Job Openings
Status: Part-Time Ministerial Staff
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Hours: 20 hours a week
The Minister of Preschool & Children will seek to carry out the mission of First Hewitt by leading children and their families to know and become fully devoted followers of Jesus. This position will be responsible for developing and coordinating a comprehensive ministry designed to engage with children from birth to 6th grade. The ideal candidate will have a deep love for Christ and people. They will also have passion for children, an ability to relate to kids of all ages, strong organizational skills, a commitment to excellence, a high capacity to lead, and a zeal for the local church.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of ministry to preschool and children at First Hewitt. This includes ministries on Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, mid-week, and special events.
- Serve as the primary leader and visionary for our Children’s Ministry Team.
- Recruit, train, and develop leaders to serve in all our children’s ministry environments.
- Intentionally work with parents to inspire them as primary spiritual influencers of their children. Actively work to provide resources that empower families and encourage spiritual growth.
- Collaborate with staff in the ongoing development of family ministry strategies.
- Supervise all paid childcare workers and volunteers. Ensure all children’s workers and volunteers are following safety and security guidelines. This includes background checks, supervision policies, check-in/out systems, sanitization plans, and other policies established by Children’s Ministry Team.
- Plan and develop a Children’s Ministry calendar that coordinates key dates, events, and activities with the official church calendar.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to:
Level: Part-Time Support Staff
Supervisor: Children's Minister
Hours: 10-12 hours a month
Role: To provide a safe, nurturing, teaching environment for children, from birth through age five or completion of kindergarten, during church related functions.
- Help provide and maintain a Christian environment in which the children may grow physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, and spiritually.
- Become acquainted with each child and aware of his/her needs.
- Give each child the attention needed to assure his/her best welfare. (This relates to eating, toileting,sleeping, playing, working, health care, safety, etc.)
- Cooperate in maintaining a happy atmosphere in which each child may come to know his/herlimitations.
- Be familiar with and follow the established personnel policies and procedures.
- Work according to the schedule outlined by the Coordinator.
- Maintain a clean and orderly room each day.
- Inform the Coordinator of needed supplies, repairs, and materials.
- Make careful observations and written notations of significant behavior of children for whom you areresponsible.
- Take advantage of discipleship training classes, workshops, and other training opportunities that relate to teaching preschoolers.
- Hours of work average from 12 to 15 hours a month. Workers hours are flexible. Not all workers are scheduled for every event. Hourly compensation is based on experience.
- Childcare workers are paid every two weeks.
- All childcare workers hired will be required to have a background check done.
- Childcare hours are scheduled a month at a time. If a childcare worker has times they cannot work during an upcoming month, they will contact the childcare coordinator with that information.
- Childcare workers must be flexible and willing to work with differing age groups of preschoolers and children as needed.
- Childcare workers will be required to attend paid childcare training. Workers are expected to follow training guidelines.
- Childcare days and hours vary from month to month depending on the church calendar. Some examples of days and hours worked are as follows:
- Sunday mornings: 9:00 AM -12:30 PM
- Occasional Sunday evenings: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday evenings: 5:30 PM -8:00 PM
- Occasional Saturday evenings: 5:00 – 9:15
To apply for this position, please contact Gayle Terry in the church office: