Current Job Openings
Level: Part-Time Ministerial Staff
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Hours: 20 hours a week
The Youth Minister will seek to carry out the mission of First Hewitt by leading 7th-12th graders to know and become fully devoted followers of Jesus. The ideal candidate will have a deep love for Christ and a unique ability to relate, communicate, reach, disciple, and shepherd students.
Click here for a complete job description.
Please send resumes to:
First Baptist Church
Attn: Youth Minister Search Team
301 S 1st Street
Hewitt, TX 76643
Level: Part-Time Support Staff
Supervisor: Children's Minister
Hours: 10-12 hours a month
Role: To provide a safe, nurturing, teaching environment for children, from birth through age five or completion of kindergarten, during church related functions.
- Help provide and maintain a Christian environment in which the children may grow physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, and spiritually.
- Become acquainted with each child and aware of his/her needs.
- Give each child the attention needed to assure his/her best welfare. (This relates to eating, toileting,sleeping, playing, working, health care, safety, etc.)
- Cooperate in maintaining a happy atmosphere in which each child may come to know his/herlimitations.
- Be familiar with and follow the established personnel policies and procedures.
- Work according to the schedule outlined by the Coordinator.
- Maintain a clean and orderly room each day.
- Inform the Coordinator of needed supplies, repairs, and materials.
- Make careful observations and written notations of significant behavior of children for whom you areresponsible.
- Take advantage of discipleship training classes, workshops, and other training opportunities that relate to teaching preschoolers.
- Hours of work average from 12 to 15 hours a month. Workers hours are flexible. Not all workers are scheduled for every event. Hourly compensation is based on experience.
- Childcare workers are paid every two weeks.
- All childcare workers hired will be required to have a background check done.
- Childcare hours are scheduled a month at a time. If a childcare worker has times they cannot work during an upcoming month, they will contact the childcare coordinator with that information.
- Childcare workers must be flexible and willing to work with differing age groups of preschoolers and children as needed.
- Childcare workers will be required to attend paid childcare training. Workers are expected to follow training guidelines.
- Childcare days and hours vary from month to month depending on the church calendar. Some examples of days and hours worked are as follows:
- Sunday mornings: 9:00 AM -12:30 PM
- Occasional Sunday evenings: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday evenings: 5:30 PM -8:00 PM
- Occasional Saturday evenings: 5:00 – 9:15
To apply for this position, please contact Gayle Terry in the church office: